Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Long Day

Not that I'm complaining, but today was a long day.

My day began very late last night when Chelsy woke me up from being sick. Fortunately, she called in sick, so she was able to get a lot better by tonight. Still, I felt guilty leaving my Shiny-New-Bride at home. Thank god we have cats to take care of her!

At work, I tutored person after person. Again, this isn't a problem; I get paid to do it. It just sucks to work alone for several hours. Laikwan came in at 11 and saved the day, somewhat. He mostly helped the Writing Center, but I was able to call on him while doing an online appointment and staring at a walk-in student.

I've fallen out of love with tutoring. It's very rewarding and all, and I do get a lot of people calling on me to help them with far more than classes. I just don't love it anymore. I'm glad I did this before diving head first into the teaching program, like Shiny-New-Bride did.

When I finished at work, I went over to the radio station to work on the new Future Method spot that should have been done last month. Fortunately, I had already recorded most of the vocals and all of the sounds, but I relied too heavily on my co-workers to get the job done. I've learned my lesson, and by the end of the week, this spot will be finished. It has a Dating Game theme. I know it's not the most original thing in the world, but I'm still learning how to do all this stuff. Give a guy a break, dammit!

I got home and was ready to veg out. Fortunately, Shiny-New-Bride needed a root beer for her stomach, and I got off my ass. I say "Fortunately" because when I got back, I decided to get ready for tomorrow's show (The Late, Late, Late, Late LATE Show! every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7-9am on 88.1 Weber FM and WeberFM.org). I still had to organize the new releases and news for the show, and boy am I glad I got to work on it! If I hadn't, I'd be up all night working on getting everything. It takes longer than you'd think to prepare a half an hour of the news from various news sources. I do not envy journalists.

Well, maybe Fox News journalists, since all they have to do is make up the news. Since most of America is watching them, who is going to call them on their make-believe news stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment