Monday, July 5, 2010

And That's How It Goes

As I feared, I took the weekend off from blogging. I wish I could blame the Republican religion of ethnocentric patriotism, but laziness is the guilty party.

This weekend, Shiny-New-Bride and I went to the Huntsville firework show. There we listened to the bastard child of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity talk about the writing of the National Anthem to music from Patton. It was a trip!

Then, on the actual Fourth, which Utah couldn't celebrate because Mormons own the state and never celebrate national holidays on Sundays, we went to my parents' house and lit some boring legal fireworks for my nephews and sister-in-law.

Unfortunately, after the fireworks, my sister decided to make things awkward for Shiny-New-Bride and me by showing us how brainwashed my nephews are. Everything was about showing God's love to the less fortunate, going to periods of time to thank past presidents and warn of trouble, or protecting the persecuted Christians in other countries. There is no better proof of the failure of home schooling than those kids.

Don't get me wrong, they are much smarter than public school kids. However, their intellect doesn't help them in their social aspirations. When I have kids, I hope that I can get very involved in my children's education. School is really no better than babysitting, but kids need to learn how to be social, and church does not facilitate the freedom for a child to learn through trial and error.

In the future, I will be more involved with this blog. The key is to remember to write before I am suffering from insomnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment