Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pushing Daisies

I had my first fan letter yesterday...from a virus website trying to lure me into their link by saying that I have a great blog about fashion.

I wonder how people can be so foolish. On the PlayStation Network (my ID is BenTheWicked), I always get forwarded letters from people I play online, usually saying the same thing: "Hello, I am some ranking executive for PlayStation Network. We are having trouble with something that causes us to send you free money if you send this email to all your friends. Don't worry, we'll break our privacy policy and the law and track your emails."

Naturally, I respond to these emails with several insults to the sender and then my own sob story about my African prince cousin who is wealthy and in need of sending all of his money out of the country to the person willing to give me his banking information, social security number, and the name of his first girlfriend's pet dog. Nobody has replied.

At 224 pounds, Chelsy decided I need to go on a diet. I won't disclose her weight, but I will say that this is the FATTEST I HAVE EVER BEEN! Unfortunately, the answer is the Atkins Diet. On the negative, people have died from this diet; carbohydrates are the most important fuel for the brain, and without them, the brain slowly dies. Great news for a college student, eh?

On the other hand, the food tastes REALLY good. More so than any other diet, the food with this one is filling and delicious! For breakfast, Chelsy cooked southwestern scrambled eggs (because we don't know how to make omelets), and before deciding to write this, I had an Atkins Advantage shake, the best diet shake I've ever had in my life. For lunch, I'm going to have grilled salmon on a salad with Caesar dressing and Parmesan cheese.

I'm watching the first episode of Pushing Daisies, the best show that should not have failed. As soon as I'm finished, I go back to work on the second bedroom. Illness put a dent in our labors. I need to patch the walls and get to painting.

It would be nice to get a real fan letter, but the point of a blog is not to become famous, although some idiots have). It is important to view a blog as a journal that you leave on your nightstand or take with you to school or work. While it is personal, there is a chance that someone will find and read the journal. And if there is something there you don't want to be public, then maybe you should not have written it to begin with.

As for me, I am a passive-aggressive person with little concern for people viewing my mind. If I write about someone I don't like and they read it, I am ready and willing to defend myself. I have the right to say whatever the hell I want to, and if I'm not friendly with someone, whatever the hell I want to say will appear here.

No comments:

Post a Comment