Thursday, August 20, 2009

Late Nights

I watched Coraline tonight with a bowl of popcorn and a glass of wine. I remember when I saw that in theaters, it was the first film I had ever watched in 3D, and I loved it! I didn't know what to think about the 3D gimmick, but unlike Up, this film made it vital and wonderful. From the beginning, the screen was right in my face. But beyond the 3D, the story was amazing. I was actually quite shocked that this was a kids' movie. In the theaters, it scared the shit out of me, and as I watch it at home, I still get a little nervous about what's about to happen. As far as criticism goes, I was not so hot on the DVD release; the 3D just could not hold up on my standard screen, even in a pitch-black room. One of these days, I'll buy the PS3 Slim (Hint: my birthday is on Tuesday the 15th!), and this may be one of the few films that I feel obligated to upgrade to BluRay.

As I watched this fantastic film, Mischief, my black Oriental Siamese, decided that my leg was a scratching post in his dream. Shadow, the grey tabby/Russian-blue mix, seems to be a little frightened these days. I wonder if he's feeling abandoned by Chelsy, who has had to work every day this week. The two kitties were in the cage together, so they know each other and their life here has been much easier with each other to go to.

Chelsy thought Shadow should originally be named Snowball, after the cat from The Simpsons, but he looks nothing like a snowanything. As we went through names, I suggested Shadow after the most awesome character from Final Fantasy VI. But if you ask Chelsy, she'll say he's named after his characteristic of stalking us in the shadows of the couch or dining room table before he jumps out to make his big entrance.

I love my cats. I love Coraline. And to be honest, I'm enjoying this web journal. Although no one is reading it, it feels nice to have a place to type my thoughts and feelings as they come to me.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment